What should I do to minimise the chance of unauthorised use of my broadband service?
To maintain security on your computer, Sorted recommends that you:
- Protect your password; keep it secure
- Avoid common words, names and dates
- Change it regularly and do not store it on your computer
- Use current anti-virus and firewall software
- Do not open suspicious emails or files from unknown sources
- Protect your family or business from unsuitable internet content and password protect your wireless modem connection.